The Washoe County Health District will be increasing insecticide fogging because of a case of West Nile Virus found in Lemmon Valley.
The county is also going to increase mosquito collections to monitor for vector-borne diseases.
Health officials recommend taking precautions against mosquito bites. Steps include:
- Wear pants and long sleeve shirts during early morning and early evening hours when mosquitos are active,
- Use insect repellent both on clothing and on skin,
- Remove standing water around your homes or apartments where mosquitos can breed,
- Make sure door and window screens are in good repair with no tears or holes, and
- Use mosquito fish in troughs and water features.
For information, call Washoe County Health District Vector Borne Disease Prevention Program at 775-785-4599.