This is Good Luck Macbeth’s version of Shakespeare’s great tragedy, “King Lear.” The dialog is intense as you would expect from a Shakespeare play. The action is equally intense as well.
What struck me from the start was the costuming — absolutely brilliant! It is very colorful and very fitting for this production.
Full of action, fights and stunts, this is a bit bloody but deliciously so. Trust me, you will not be bored with GLM’s version of King Lear.
Check out the photo gallery below for a taste of what you will see.
For me, Scot Rankin stole the show playing The Fool with such in such a delightfuly mesmerizing way. His performance is worth the price of admission alone.
Rounding out the players:
- King Lear – John Bloomberg
- Goneril – Heather Willson-Eaton
- Regan – Ashley Marie James
- Cordelia/Curan/Solder – Annakarina De La Torre-Fennell
- Kent – Kate Atack
- Earl of Gloucester – Jon Lutz
- Edgar – Gregory J Klino
- Edmund – Robert Zellers
- Duke of Albany/Doctor/Solder – Evan Heiser
- Duke of Cornwall/Messenger – Dirk Miller
- Duke of Burgundy/Oswald – Kameron Watson
- King of France/Gentlemen/Servant/Solder – Cody Hamilton
- Directed by Joe Atack
The play runs through Saturday, May 21, 2016. Information: http://www.goodluckmacbeth.org/
Dana Nollsch is a lifelong Reno area resident. He is a photographer, artist, journalist, and spiritual leader. His work has been seen in many local publications and many national publications as well, award winning for his photojournalism. Dana has a unique eye that shows in his photography and a unique voice that is evident in his writing. His involvement in the local theater and arts community gives him an informed and honest perspective. Owner and operator of PhotoZen he offers his skills and insight to many industries.