This is Good Luck Macbeth’s version of Shakespeare’s great tragedy, “King Lear.” The dialog is intense as you would expect from a Shakespeare play. The action is equally intense as well.
What struck me from the start was the costuming — absolutely brilliant! It is very colorful and very fitting for this production.
Full of action, fights and stunts, this is a bit bloody but deliciously so. Trust me, you will not be bored with GLM’s version of King Lear.
Check out the photo gallery below for a taste of what you will see.
For me, Scot Rankin stole the show playing The Fool with such in such a delightfuly mesmerizing way. His performance is worth the price of admission alone.
Rounding out the players:
- King Lear – John Bloomberg
- Goneril – Heather Willson-Eaton
- Regan – Ashley Marie James
- Cordelia/Curan/Solder – Annakarina De La Torre-Fennell
- Kent – Kate Atack
- Earl of Gloucester – Jon Lutz
- Edgar – Gregory J Klino
- Edmund – Robert Zellers
- Duke of Albany/Doctor/Solder – Evan Heiser
- Duke of Cornwall/Messenger – Dirk Miller
- Duke of Burgundy/Oswald – Kameron Watson
- King of France/Gentlemen/Servant/Solder – Cody Hamilton
- Directed by Joe Atack
The play runs through Saturday, May 21, 2016. Information: http://www.goodluckmacbeth.org/