The Reno Fire Department responded this week to a basement fire on Claremont Street. A single family home was found to be filled with smoke and had fire damage in the basement.
“Two unresponsive dogs were found in a ground floor bedroom and brought outside by the firefighters,” according to the Reno Fire Department (RRD). “Attempts were made to revive the dogs but were unsuccessful. The fire appeared to have been extinguished by a domestic water line that … burst due to the extreme heat in the basement prior to the arrival of RFD Units.”
The home’s resident was not at home. RFD’s chaplain and the Red Cross arrived on scene to assist the resident with lodging.
The fire’s cause is believed to be accidental.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.