The Reno Independent Media Forum is being held Friday, March 11, 2016 at 9 a.m.
“The idea is to bring together Reno’s independent media sources to encourage working together with one another and to recognize that we, as a group, play a central role in contributing to Reno’s information and news,” said organizer Bob Conrad of ThisisReno.com. “Since many of us are entrepreneurs and small businesses, we also help the region by keeping advertising dollars in the local economy.”
The forum will feature panelists from some of Reno’s many locally owned an operated news sources. Confirmed panelists are:
- Edible Reno-Tahoe (Amanda Burden)
- Reno-Tahoe Tonight (Oliver X)
- Reno Mom’s Blog (Lynnette Bellin)
- ThisisReno.com (Bob Conrad)
- Bliss Babe (Leslie McCarroll)
- Ahora Latino Journal (Mario DelaRosa)
- The Nevada Sagebrush (Terrance Bynum)
- Reno Public Radio (Michelle Billman and Theresa Reilly)
- Noticiero Movil (Vanessa Vancour and students)
- Our Town Reno (Nico Colombant and Jose Oliveras)
Pre-registration is required. Register online: http://is.gd/RenoIndieMedia
All proceeds will benefit two area non-profit organizations.
The event will be at the Reno Little Theater, 147 East Pueblo Street.