Nevada State Treasurer Dan Schwartz is a finance guru, an author and a successful businessman. He received his undergraduate degree from Princeton, a law degree from Boston University and his MBA from Columbia University.
He has than 35 years of financial experience in the banking and securities industries. He is also Founder, President and CEO of Qiosk.com, “The World’s Newsstand,” an app available in the iTunes and Android app stories.
- Nevada’s Education Savings Account (ESA), or school choice, controversy and lawsuits
- The Treasurer’s dismay over Lt. Governor Mark Hutchison’s additional ESA lawsuit
- The state’s college savings and pre-paid tuition programs
- The unclaimed property program
- Nevada’s current economic health and rating
- The Faraday project in North Las Vegas versus Storey County’s Tesla battery factory
- The condition of Nevada’s education and school systems
As a reminder, if you like this podcast, please give it a review and subscribe to it on iTunes.
Bob Conrad is publisher, editor and co-founder of This Is Reno. He has served in communications positions for various state agencies and earned a doctorate in educational leadership from the University of Nevada, Reno in 2011. In addition to managing This Is Reno, he holds a part-time appointment for the Mineral County University of Nevada Extension office.