At the Board of Fire Commissioners meeting on Dec. 15th, the Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District (TMFPD) and Sierra Fire Protection District (SFPD) submitted their fiscal year 2015 audit reports.
Highlights from the TMFPD’s Audited Financial Statements from the previous fiscal year include:
- Total General Fund revenues were $24,461,750 or approximately 4 percent above budget, primarily due to an increase of property tax and consolidated tax revenue.
- The total General Fund expenditures were $20,070,213, which were under budget by $2,169,520.
- The General Fund’s fund balance for FY 14-15 was $11,455,369, which is an increase of $552,567 from the prior year.
An,d highlight’s from the SFPD’s:
- The General Fund’s fund balance as of June 30, 2015 was $1,823,049
- The total General Fund expenditures were $6,531,970, of which $6,321,924 was payment to the TMFPD for fire administration and operations.
- The total expenditures were under budget by $785,927 or by approximately 10.7 percent.
“The audits confirm the solid financial position of the Districts and our exemplary financial stewardship and commitment to financial sustainability,” said Truckee Meadows Fire Chief Charles Moore.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.