Over the next few months, Washoe County’s draft sign code regulations will be presented to the Washoe County Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners.
In the meantime, Washoe County is asking for citizen feedback regarding regulation of signage within the unincorporated areas of the County. Washoe County is inviting the public to leave a comment at Open Washoe, an online community forum created for public input. All comments will be collected and provided to the Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners before their meetings.
The following is a list of highlights from the draft sign code regulation:
- Regulation of signage based on property use rather than zoning
- Regulation of time, place and manner of use for a sign
- Reduction of sign clutter
- Providing for signs during election periods
- Regulation of digital (electronic message display) signs
- Make the sign code language more clear and easier to understand
You can read the proposed sign code here. It was last updated on January 12, 2012; however there have not been any substantive changes since 1998.
SOURCE: Washoe County.