The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office will host its annual Community Picnic from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 21 at the Incline Village Aspen Grove/Village Center picnic area on Lakeshore Boulevard in Incline Village. The picnic is free and all residents of Washoe County are invited.
This year’s highlights include:
- Live demos by Sheriff’s K-9 teams working with the RAVEN helicopter
- Static displays from all areas of the Sheriff’s Office including the Forensic Science Division, SWAT, Consolidated Bomb Squad, Search and Rescue, Motors Unit, and Reserves
- Child I.D. Kits
- Classic Cars
- Display from partner agencies including the Incline Village General Improvement District, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Incline Village Community Hospital, Washoe County Regional Animal Services and the Nevada Department of Wildlife
- Nevada Highway Patrol’s “Convincer” seat belt safety trailer
- Plenty of hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, cookies and ice cream
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the many community sponsors who have supported this year’s picnic, including the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Tahoe Biltmore, Crystal Bay Club Casino, Wildflower Café, Village Market, Raley’s Incline Village, and Susie Scoops Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt.
This year’s picnic commemorates the 50th Anniversary of the Incline Village Substation. The Substation opened its doors to the public in 1964 and has continually served the Incline Village and Crystal Bay communities since. In addition to assisting with crime reporting, the Substation provides a variety of services such as the processing of concealed weapons permits, work permits, fingerprinting and dog licenses.
What: Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Community Picnic
When: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 21, 2014
Where: Incline Village Aspen Grove Picnic Area/Village Green, 960 Lakeshore Blvd., Incline Village
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office celebrated 150 years of proud service and community partnership in 2011. Sheriff Michael Haley is the 25th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County. His office continues to be the only full service public safety agency operating within northern Nevada and is responsible for operating the consolidated detention facility, regional crime lab, Northern Nevada Regional Intelligence Center, Internet Crimes against Children Task Force, court security, service of civil process and traditional street patrols.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.