- Nevada is 15-16 overall and 10-8 in the Mountain West after defeating UNLV (19-12, 10-8 MW) 76-72 tonight.
- With the win Nevada earns the third seed in next week’s MW Championship and will play the winner of Boise State and San Jose State on Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. in the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
- Nevada swept the two-game series from UNLV for the first time since 1994-95. The Pack’s last home win vs. UNLV was 84-78 on Dec. 4, 2004.
- Tonight’s crowd of 10,317 is the largest since 10,526 vs. North Carolina in 2008.
- Nevada’s 18 assists tied the season high.
- Nevada earned three points in the Governor’s Series presented by NV Energy by winning both games this season from UNLV.
- The Wolf Pack’s third place finish is six spots higher than last year when the team went 3-13 and finished last in the nine-team league.
- The Wolf Pack is 7-8 at home.
- Deonte Burton had game highs with 24 points and 11 assists. It is just the second double-double of his career with the first being vs. Pepperdine the third game of his freshman season with 10 points and 11 assists. Tonight’s 11 assists tied his career high.
- Burton led the Pack in scoring for the 23rd time, scored 20 or more points for the 17th time, posted a game-high in points for the 14th time and made his 129th consecutive start. He scored in double figures for the 30th time this season.
- Cole Huff finished with 22 points which is the second highest total of his career behind the 31 he netted at Fresno State this season.
- Michael Perez was the Pack third player to score in double figures with 11 and had five assists.
- Head coach David Carter is 89-74 in his fifth season at Nevada.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.