NNMC NEWS RELEASE
Make health screenings part of your New Year’s resolution! Northern Nevada Medical Center (NNMC) has the resources you need for preventative health tests and screenings. NNMC is committed to the health and well-being of our community. NNMC is hosting a community health fair from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 2, in the main lobby of the hospital. This is also a great opportunity for community members to receive free or low-cost preventative health screenings and education.
The full menu of health screenings is as follows:
- Blood pressure: FREE
- Body fat screening: FREE
- “Ask the Nurse”: FREE
- Complete blood count: $15
- Heart electrical activity and overall heart function (EKG): $35
- Heart and vascular disease risk (High sensitivity C-reactive protein): $25
- Lipid profile (cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL/LDL ratio): $20
- Complete chemistry panel with report on 14 blood chemistry levels: $20
- Peripheral artery disease (Ankle-brachial index test): $25
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm/Ultrasound (AAA) – $25
- Prostate cancer testing (PSA): $35
- Routine dietary screening for diabetes (glycosylated hemoglobin): $30
- Stroke risk (Carotid artery ultrasound screening): $40
- Thyroid function: $35
- Thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, for over- or underactive thyroid: $35
- Vitamin D deficiency (Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy): $40
- Community information from Access to Health Care, Immunize Nevada and California Transplant Donor Network.
Fasting for 10-12 hours prior is required for best results in blood screenings. NNMC Advantage members get a 10 percent discount on all tests, and sign ups are available at the health fair. For details call 356-NNMC (6662) or go to www.NNMC.com.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.