The Nevada State Technical Committee will meet on Nov. 4, 1-4 p.m., at the Great Basin College in Elko, Nev., to discuss Farm Bill programs administered by the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS).
The NRCS is seeking input to establish priorities for identified local resource concerns and targeting program funding to resolve resource management problems. Program funding levels, fund pools, national conservation initiatives and proposed compensation rates for practices will also be discussed.
The meeting will be held in Elko by videoconference from the Great Basin College McMullen Hall (room 114), 1500 College Parkway, Elko, NV 89801. Remote video locations will be available in:
• Reno – Nevada Farm Bureau
• Battle Mountain – Great Basin College/Cooperative Extension
• Caliente – Lincoln County Cooperative Extension
• Carson City – Western Nevada College, Cedar Building, Room 307
• Ely – White Pine County Cooperative Extension
• Eureka – Eureka County Cooperative Extension
• Fallon – Churchill County Cooperative Extension
• Las Vegas – College of Southern Nevada, Cheyenne Campus, Room 2647B
• Lovelock – Lovelock-Pershing General Hospital, Education Room
• Owyhee – Elko County School District, Owyhee High School, Administration
• Tonopah – Nye County Cooperative Extension
• Winnemucca – Humboldt County Cooperative Extension
• Yerington – Lyon County Cooperative Extension
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.