NORTHERN NEVADA MEDICAL CENTER NEWS RELEASE – Northern Nevada Medical Center (NNMC) is committed to the health and well-being of our community. NNMC is hosting a community health fair on Thursday, October 3, 7:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. in the main lobby of the hospital. It’s that time of year to get your flu and pneumonia shots. This is also a great opportunity for community members to receive free or low-cost preventative health screenings and education.
The full menu of health screenings is as follows:
• Flu Shot – $25
• Pneumonia Shot – $60
• Blood pressure: FREE
• Body fat screening: FREE
• “Ask the Nurse”: FREE
• Complete blood count: $15
• Heart electrical activity and overall heart function (EKG): $35
• Heart and vascular disease risk (High sensitivity C-reactive protein): $25
• Lipid profile (cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL/LDL ratio): $20
• Complete chemistry panel with report on 14 blood chemistry levels: $20
• Peripheral artery disease (Ankle-brachial index test): $25
• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm/Ultrasound (AAA) – $25
• Prostate cancer testing (PSA): $35
• Routine dietary screening for diabetes (glycosylated hemoglobin): $30
• Stroke risk (Carotid artery ultrasound screening): $40
• Thyroid function: $35
• Thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, for over- or underactive thyroid: $35
• Vitamin D deficiency (Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy): $40
• Community information from Access to Health Care, Immunize Nevada and California Transplant Donor Network.
Fasting for 10-12 hours prior is required for best results in blood screenings. NNMC Advantage members get a 10% discount on all tests, and sign ups are available at the health fair. For details call 356-NNMC (6662) or go to www.NNMC.com.