WASHOE COUNTY NEWS RELEASE
Enrollment for the Affordable Care Act begins on Oct. 1, and you have questions. ACA Educators with Community Health Alliance will be on hand at local libraries beginning this Sunday to present information and give you answers. Topics to be covered include the following:
- What is health insurance?
- Why do you need it?
- What is Nevada Health Link?
- Plans and eligibility
- What is covered?
- Important dates
- Q and A
“Connecting people with information is a core service for libraries,” says Arnie Maurins, library director. “We anticipate that many people will have questions about the Affordable Care Act, and we welcome the chance to offer a venue for informational programs like these.”
Below is the schedule of program locations and times:
- Sunday, September 29, 2 p.m. at the Spanish Springs Library, 7100A Pyramid Lake Highway, Sparks
- Wednesday, October 2, 6 p.m. at the Incline Village Library, 845 Alder Ave., Incline Village
- Saturday, October 5, noon at the Northwest Reno Library, 2325 Robb Drive, Reno
- Thursday, October 10, 10:30 a.m. at the Sierra View Library, 4001 S. Virginia St., Reno
- Saturday, October 12, 11 a.m. at the Sparks Library, 1125 12th St., Sparks
- Sunday, October 13, 2 p.m. at the Downtown Reno Library, 301 S. Center St., Reno
- Saturday, October 19, 11 a.m. at the North Valleys Library, 1075 North Hills Blvd., Reno
- Wednesday, October 23, 6 p.m. at the South Valleys Library, 15650A Wedge Parkway, Reno
The Community Health Alliance works with the Great Basin Primary Care Association, which is one of the Navigator organizations awarded grants by the state to do outreach and enrollment for Nevada Health Link. For more information please visit NevadaHealthLink.com.
For more information about library information and programs please visit www.washoecountylibrary.us.