CARSON TAHOE HEALTH NEWS RELEASE – Due to unhealthy air quality levels in northern Nevada, Carson Tahoe Health encourages the public to be aware of the following:
· Air quality is so bad that even the healthiest of individuals could be in danger if they spend too much time outdoors.· Shelter in place, stay indoors.
· Keep hydrated to progress a cough and help prevent smoky air from settling in the lungs.
· Use air conditioning if possible, to help filter air throughout a house.
· Keep all doors and windows shut in both home and vehicles, if in a vehicle make sure the air conditioner is set to
reticulate the air.
· Humidifiers will help the air quality in a home or building.
· Masks are available for purchase at hardware stores and can really help filter the air and aid in comfort.
Seek emergency care if:
· You are having trouble breathing or can’t say more than four words without having to stop and take a breath.
· You experience excessive sweating.
· Your lips are turning blue.
· You are confused or lose consciousness.