The 2013 Request for Applications for the (1) Risk Management Education Partnerships Program and (2) the Targeted States Program have been published on the Federal Register. The link to the Federal Register is http://www.archives.gov/
The purpose of these competitive cooperative partnership agreement programs is to deliver crop insurance education and risk management training to U.S. agricultural producers to assist them in identifying and managing production, marketing, legal, financial, and human risk. The program gives priority to: (1) Educating producers of crops currently not insured under Federal crop insurance, specialty crops, and underserved commodities, including livestock and forage; and (2) providing collaborative partnerships to develop and deliver crop insurance education and other risk management training.
RME Partnership Program:
Minimum Award: $20,000
Maximum Award: $99,999
RME Targeted States Program:
Please review attached RFA for funding levels available per targeted state
Applicants should be aware of the following important information:
- Applications must be submitted to rma.agrisk.umn.edu (or copy this address to their internet browser)
- A tutorial on how to apply is available online at this same web address and is also included in the application system. Please read the RFA and tutorial before submitting an application.
- RMA will provide training on RFA changes from last year as well as how to apply on this new system on June 14 and June 27. To register for this free training, please send an email to [email protected] or call (202)-720-0779.
- Applications will not be accepted through Grants.gov.
- Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants must be registered in the System for Acquisition Management (SAM) which has replaced the Central Contractor Registry (CCR). Please visit www.SAM.gov for information on how to register.
- The last date and time applications will be accepted is July 22 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). NO EXCEPTIONS. Applicants are encouraged to submit your application early!!!
All required forms are available in the application system on the “Tutorials and Application Resources” page. Applications submitted without these required forms will be rejected.