WASHOE COUNTY NEWS RELEASE
The presentation includes an update on current Washoe County projects and an overview of the major principles of Washoe County’s 2013 Legislative Program, which include:
- Strong, mutually respectful partnerships at all levels of government to better serve our shared constituents
- Local decision-making and flexibility to solve local problems
- Support for economic recovery by promoting regional collaboration and a coordinated regional response to the economic challenges and opportunities facing our region and state
- Fiscal responsibility, long-term financial planning and sustainable funding solutions
- Accountability for efficiency and positive outcomes at all levels of government
Humke said he looks forward to the 77th Nevada Legislature and the chance to tell the Assembly Government Affairs Committee about the many accomplishments Washoe County has made despite difficult economic times.
“As a former legislator, I understand the impact the Legislature can have on county governments,” said Humke. “It’s important that Washoe County fully participate in the legislative process and work to support our delegation and our citizens in making the best decisions possible.”
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.