SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
Our Lady of the Snows School, in conjunction with the Redfield Foundation and E.L. Cord Foundation, are celebrating $120,000 worth of renovations and improvements made to Plumas Park on the corners of Plumas, Lander and Monroe Streets in Reno. Renovations to the park were expected to be complete today.
Improvements made to the park include basketball court renovations and new hoops, a new play structure and four square and hop scotch improvements. Additionally, the park is now ADA handicap accessible.
“Our Lady of the Snows has always supported parents, children and families, and we’ve worked very hard to improve Plumas Park in order to create a fun and safe place for kids, their families and friends to spend time outside playing,” said Tim Fuetsch, principal, Our Lady of the Snows School. “We are so very grateful to the E. L. Cord Foundation and the Redfield Foundation for their generous contributions toward improving Plumas Park.”
Over the past year, Our Lady of the Snows has invested $3.3 million to revitalize the school and improve the neighborhood. The expansion of the school, which was completed in February, is the first major improvement to the school property in 60 years.
About Our Lady of Snows School
Our Lady of Snows School opened on September 4, 1951, with four classrooms and three faculty members: two Dominican sisters and one lay teacher. Over the next two years, enrollment steadily increased and four more classrooms were added, bringing Our Lady of the Snows to its current size. No significant expansion has been done since that time. Over the past 60 years, nearly 2,000 students have graduated from the K – 8 Catholic school.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.