HSN NEWS RELEASE
The Human Services Network’s annual celebration of excellence in the delivery and support of human services in our community will take place on Thursday, Jan. 17, from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Peppermill Resort Hotel Casino. This event shines a light on important work that takes place in our community, often with little recognition. The network has announced this year’s outstanding award recipients:
- Politician of the Year – Karen Abowd, Ward One Carson City Supervisor
- Board Member of the Year – Michael Connolly, Care Chest
- Staff Member of the Year – Janett Massolo, Nevada Office of Suicide Prevention
- Administrator of the Year – Michele Watkins, Central Lyon Youth Connections
- Agency of the Year – Lyon County School District
- Special Recognition Award – Mike Willden, Nevada Health and Human Services
- Mike O’Callaghan Humanitarian Award – Diane Ross, The Continuum
This year’s event is sponsored by NV Energy, Renown and Charles Schwab Bank.
Tickets cost $40 for members of the Human Services Network and $50 for non-members. A table of eight costs $280 for members of the Human Services Network and $360 for nonmembers. To RSVP and to pay, go to www.humanservicesnetwork.org or call Erik at 847-9311, x102 by Friday, January 11th.