The Sierra Nevada Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America announced yesterday the winners of their prestigious public relations and integrated communications awards during the 26th Annual Silver Spike Awards held at the Atlantis Hotel Casino. The event benefits Chapter communications and educational programs.
Accepting Silver Spike Awards were:
- Betsy McDonald on behalf of Bauserman Group for their work with the Boys & Girls Club Annual Cioppino Feed event
- Dawn Fournier on behalf of International Game Technology for their marketing communications program to launch Ghostbusters at the G2E conference
- Dan Davis on behalf of Renown Health for their crisis communications work following the Reno Air Races crash in 2011
- Irene Payne on behalf of Washoe County School District for their internet-based program titled Countdown to Graduation
- Abbi Whitaker of Abbi PR for their media relations campaign for Campo Restaurant.
Award of Excellence winners included:
- Weidinger PR for their work on the Divine 9 Media Tour, the North American Snowsports Journalist Association and the American Century Championship – Tahoe Celebrity Golf Tournament
- Education Alliance of Washoe County for their Principal for a Day community relations program
- Nevada Department of Wildlife for their Nevada Dream Tag program
- Bauserman Group for their campaign for Dolan Automative Group School Upgrade Challenge
- International Game Technology for their IGT 2012 Product Guide publication.
Renown Health also received a Judges’ Choice Award for their emergency communications efforts following the Reno Air Races crash in 2011. Tara Trovato of R & R Partners was recognized with the New Practitioner Award.
More than 30 entries in 13 award categories were submitted; judging was conducted by the Maine Public Relations Council. Next year’s 27th Annual Silver Spike Awards will be open to all communications and marketing professionals for programs executed between September 2012 and September 2013.
The Sierra Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America works to build value and demand for and understanding of public relations.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.