In recognition of Veterans Day, Thursday November 1st, NNMC will be hosting local Veterans for breakfast and lunch and raising money for a great cause. Breakfast will be served 7-10am and lunch will be served 11am-1:30pm at the hospital’s café, the Northern Grille. Veterans’ meals are free and the cost for community members is simply a donation. All donations will be given to The Veterans Guest House, a “home away from home” for U.S. military service veterans receiving medical treatment and for families of veterans who are receiving care at medical facilities in the Reno/Sparks area. In addition, Senator Dean Heller’s office will be at the event supporting local Veterans.
This event is also in collaboration with the NNMC Community Health Fair located in the main lobby of the hospital that same day 7:30-11am. This is an opportunity for community members to receive free or low-cost preventative health screenings and education.
The full menu of health screenings is as follows:
- Blood pressure: Free
- Body fat: Free
- “Ask the Nurse”: Free
- Flu Shot: $25 Pneumonia shot: $60
- Complete blood count: $15
- Heart electrical activity and overall heart function (EKG): $35
- Heart and vascular disease risk (High sensitivity C-reactive protein): $25
- Lipid profile (cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL/LDL ratio): $20
- Complete chemistry panel with report on 14 blood chemistry levels: $20
- Peripheral artery disease (Ankle-brachial index test): $25
- Prostate cancer testing (PSA): $35
- Routine dietary screening for diabetes (glycosylated hemoglobin): $30
- Stroke risk (Carotid artery ultrasound screening): $40
- Thyroid function: $35
- Thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, for over- or underactive thyroid: $35
- Vitamin D deficiency (Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy): $40
The Northern Nevada State Health Insurance Assistance Program (S.H.I.P) will be available to provide free, Medicare information and counseling to community members and can assist with Part D information and enrollment, low income subsidies, Medicare questions, appeals and much more: Free
Immunize Nevada will have information, resources and education available: Free
Fasting for 10-12 hours prior is required for best results in blood screenings. NNMC Advantage members get a 10 percent discount on all tests, and sign ups are available at the health fair. For details call 356-NNMC (6662) or go to www.NNMC.com.
Northern Nevada Medical Center is committed to the health and well-being of our community.