Greater Nevada Credit Union announced that it has three positions available on the Board of Directors for three-year terms beginning March 19, 2013. Applications for the three positions are being accepted until November 12, 2012.
The Board of Directors sets the strategic course for the credit union and oversees its general activities. Directors serve as volunteers and therefore receive no compensation. However, Greater Nevada does cover the costs of training that its Directors may need in order to be more effective. To qualify for nomination as a Director, a Greater Nevada member must:
- Be the primary member on a Greater Nevada Credit Union Share Savings Account
- Possess knowledge, experience and interest pertinent to the credit union’s future
- Be honest, of high integrity and willing to act solely for the interests and benefit of the credit union and its membership
- Be able to devote the time necessary to attend monthly meetings and other functions, including some overnight, out-of-town travel
- Maintain a solid personal financial history, which includes consistently keeping their credit union accounts and loans in good standing
The Nominating Committee evaluates all submitted applications. All qualified nominees participate in a general election by the membership, which will be held from February 11 to March 14, 2013.
If you would like to become a candidate, please visit www.gncu.org for an application and more information.