- KNPB will provide a visit from Bob the Builder.
- The Nevada Museum of Art is hosting a “Monster Box” making workshop.
- The Fleischmann Planetarium will offer activities related to comets and the solar system.
- The National Automobile Museum will display the museum’s antique fire truck.
- High Desert Fencing Alliance will offer fencing demonstrations and classes.
- Live music by members of the Reno Philharmonic Youth Symphony Orchestra.
The Discovery’s vision is to be the community’s center that inspires curiosity, creativity and the joy of lifelong learning,” said Nicole Barde, acting executive director.“ With this event we hope to solidify the museum’s role as an organization dedicated to positively impacting learning in our community.”
Admission on Wednesday, September 26th for all children age 17 and under is free. Admission for adults is $8.00 per person from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm. After 4:00 pm, adult admission is just $4.00. The museum is open from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Participating organizations include: The Children’s Cabinet, Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevada, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows,Nevada Museum of Art, Fleischmann Planetarium & Science Center, KNPB, Reno Philharmonic, Sierra Nevada Journeys, Washoe County Library System and HighDesert Fencing Alliance.
For more information about Children’s Day and other activities at The Discovery, visit the calendar of events on the museum’s website at www.nvdm.org.