Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) welcomes its next installment of art galleries and exhibitions which will be on display through Friday, Oct. 12. As the nearly monthlong exhibit commences, a special artist reception will be held from 3- 5 p.m. today, Wednesday, Sept. 19, at the Dandini Campus on the 3rd floor of the Red Mountain Building. Refreshments will be served and the event is free and open to the public.
· The TMCC Main Art Gallery will feature the 41st Annual TMCC Art Faculty Show.
· The Red Mountain Gallery will feature encaustic paintings by Suellen Johnson. “Pivotal Bits” begins as an effort to visually describe significant moments in Suellen’s life and the lives of those close to her. The paintings represent a slice between memories where the process involves heating, layering, cutting, fusing and scribing.
· The Red Mountain Student Gallery will feature “Dalago” – drawings by Janine Gabuan. Janine currently attends TMCC and is in the Graphics Communication Program.
· The Erik Lauritzen Gallery will feature panoramic landscape photographs by TMCC student Ricky Martinez.
· The Meadowood Center Galleries will feature photographs and prints by Anthony Renda, Andi Anderson and Sue Roberts.
· The Veterans’ Upward Bound Gallery will feature “Veteran’s Art Project: Selected Works.”
The TMCC Main Art Gallery, Red Mountain Gallery and Erik Lauritzen Gallery are located at 7000 Dandini Blvd. in the Red Mountain Building. The Meadowood Center Galleries and The Veterans’ Upward Bound Gallery are located at 5270 Neil Road. For more information, please contact Galleries Curator Candace Nicols at 775.674.7698 or visit artgalleries.tmcc.edu.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.