Experts discuss importance of link between sustainability and economic development
What: The Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada is hosting a luncheon “Business Advantages to Sustainability” featuring expert panelists to discuss the importance of sustainability in economic and business development, as well as to give tips on increasing sustainability.
When: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:00 a.m. registration to 1:30 p.m. (Program begins at noon)
Where: Peppermill Resort Spa Casino – Tuscany Ballroom
- Trenton Harris, President, VIA Seating
- KC Mares, President & CEO, MegaWatt Consulting and CTO of Unique Infrastructure Group
- Stephen Witek, Founder, Sustainable Environment Engineered Design Incorporated (SEED Inc.)
- Moderator: Jason Geddes, Environmental Services Administrator, City of Reno
- Local Sustainable Vendor Presentations
Sustainability and the “three legs” of economic development for job creation: Recruitment/Attraction, Retention/Expansion and Start-Up go hand-in-hand. Companies looking to move to the area want to know that the community shares its commitment to sustainability, local companies can save money on energy/water and improve branding in order to grow and create more jobs and opportunities for start-ups in the sustainable realm are endless.