NNMC NEWS RELEASE
Northern Nevada Medical Center is hosting a community health fair on Thursday, Aug. 2, from 7:30 to 11 a.m. in the main lobby of the hospital. This is an opportunity for community members to receive free or low-cost preventative health screenings.
The full menu of health screenings is as follows:
- Blood pressure: Free
- Body fat: Free
- “Ask the Nurse”: Free
- Complete blood count: $15
- Heart electrical activity and overall heart function (EKG): $35
- Heart and vascular disease risk (high sensitivity C-reactive protein): $25
- Lipid profile (cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL/LDL ratio): $20
- Complete chemistry panel with report on 14 blood chemistry levels: $20
- Peripheral artery disease (ankle-brachial index test): $25
- Prostate cancer testing (PSA): $35
- Routine dietary screening for diabetes (glycosylated hemoglobin): $30
- Stroke risk (carotid artery ultrasound screening): $40
- Thyroid function: $35
- Thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, for over- or underactive thyroid: $40
- Vitamin D deficiency (Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy): $45
Fasting is required for best results in blood screenings. NNMC Advantage members get a 10 percent discount on all tests, and sign-ups are available at the health fair. For details call 356-NNMC (6662) or go to www.NNMC.com.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.