NGOED NEWS RELEASE
CARSON CITY — The Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development has designated 10 organizations as Regional Development Authorities under Governor Brian Sandoval’s State Plan for Excellence in Economic Development.
As the central point of contact for economic development within the state’s regions, the RDAs will lead Nevada’s regional economic development efforts linking counties and cities in collaboration with their broad communities and pertinent economic development partners.
The Governor’s Office of Economic Development issued a request for proposals on March 30 to provide economic development services. Groups responded by April 30.
“We appreciate all the work people have done. The responses to the RFP have been thoughtful and strategic, and this is a key step on the road to the growth of Nevada’s economy,” said Steve Hill, director of the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development.
Hill also applauded the strong collaborative efforts undertaken by Nevada’s economic development professionals in the past few months.
“Las Vegas representatives worked hard to craft an effective regional organization,” he noted. “In addition, some rural development authorities have joined forces and deserve congratulations.” Lander and Elko counties are currently discussing a collaborative effort, which is strongly encouraged by the Governor’s Office of Economic Development.
The recipients of RDA designation are:
- Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (Washoe and Storey Counties)
- Elko County Economic Diversification Authority (Elko County)
- Highway 95 Regional Development Authority (City of Fallon, Mineral and Pershing Counties)
- Humboldt Development Authority (Humboldt County)
- Lander County Economic Development Authority (Lander County)
- Las Vegas Regional Economic Development Council (Clark County)
- Lincoln County Regional Development Authority (Lincoln County)
- Northern Nevada Development Authority (Carson City, Churchill, Douglas and Lyon Counties)
- Nye County Regional Economic Development Authority (Nye County)
- White Pine County Economic Diversification Council (White Pine County)
The Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development is dedicated to the diversification of the Nevada economy. More information on the NGOED can be obtained at www.diversifynevada.com.