WASHOE COUNTY NEWS RELEASE
The Washoe County registrar of voters reports all 85 polls are open on Election Day. Washoe County voters can go to their assigned polling location, identified on the back of their sample ballot, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Between 20 and22 percent of the voters are expected to cast their ballot during the primary election. Washoe County Registrar of Voters Dan Burk announced everyone did their job this morning – all locations are staffed and open. “Voting should be quick and easy today with little to no lines. Bring your sample ballot and ID to your assigned polling location,” he said
- Assigned polling locations are identified on the back of sample ballots, available online at www.washoecounty.us/voters, or call 775.328.3670 for information.
- There are 85 polling locations throughout Washoe County.
- Voters must go to their assigned polling location, and voting requires a signature match.
- ID is not required to vote, but it is always wise to bring identification just in case your signature doesn’t match with your signature when you registered.
- To speed up the voting process for everyone, bring your sample ballot.
For a list of candidates who have filed to run for office, go to the Washoe County webpage at http://www.washoecounty.us/voters/ .
Election updates available online through Twitter by following @washoecounty or #washoevotes.