WASHOE COUNTY NEWS RELEASE
Washoe County voters can submit ballots at 85 polling locations on primary election day tomorrow. On Tuesday, voters can go to their assigned polling location, identified on the back of their sample ballot, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
There are 218,055 registered voters in Washoe County, and between 20 and 22 percent of the voters are expected to cast their ballot during the primary election. Washoe County Registrar of Voters Dan Burk noted 21,322 people, or half of the expected turn-out, have taken advantage of voting at the early polling locations.
- Polling locations open at 7 a.m. and will remain open to 7 p.m.
- Assigned polling locations are identified on the back of sample ballots, available online at www.washoecounty.us/voters, or call 775.328.3670 for information.
- There are 85 polling locations throughout Washoe County.
- Voters must go to their assigned polling location, and voting requires a signature match. ID is not required to vote, but it is always wise to bring identification just in case your signature doesn’t match with your signature when you registered.
Other interesting primary election day facts:
- Poll workers are trained volunteers — many are Washoe County employees.
- A number of experts are available to address any issues election day.
- Washoe County has an unprecedented number of candidates with 27 individuals running for four seats on the city of Reno Council. For the 2012 election, in Washoe County a total of 142 candidates are running for office.
For a list of candidates who have filed to run for office go to the Washoe County webpage at http://www.washoecounty.us/voters/.