There is still time to reserve your spot at Derby Day, the Reno Chamber Orchestra’s biggest fundraiser of the year and one of our area’s liveliest parties! Join us this Saturday, May 5 at 12:00 noon at The Peppermill’s Tuscany Ballroom, 2707 S. Virginia Street in Reno.
Tickets are $70 per person ($25 of which is a tax-deductible contribution to the RCO). Tables of eight or ten are also available.
We need to hear from you soon – the deadline for making reservations is Tuesday, May 1 at 4:00 p.m.
Derby Day includes a great luncheon with wine, mint juleps (and margaritas for Cinco de Mayo fans), hat prizes, and watching the Kentucky Derby on big screen televisions.
One of the best parts of Derby Day is the chance to bid for wonderful items at our live and silent auctions. This year’s auctions include:
* A “Concert in the Stable” and gourmet dinner at the J & P Ranch with the Great Basin Brass Quintet
* “A Russian Musical Evening,” featuring a performance by mezzo-soprano Liudmila Polyakova-Mullin and pianist Margarita Bryant, followed by a Russian dinner
* “An Evening in Vienna,” including Viennese food and music by cellist Dmitri Atapine and pianist Adela H. Park
* A South African Braaivleis (Barbecue), with traditional Zuli, Xhosa, Malay, Indian and Dutch dishes, hosted by Jill Winter, with special guest Theodore Kuchar
* “Music and Malts” gourmet dinner, Single Malt tasting, and customized listening session with RCO Executive Director Scott Faulkner and RCO Oboist Emeritus Andrea Lenz
* A Mediterranean Dinner with wine and a short performance by RCO guest violinist Elena Urioste
* An authentic family-style Chinese Dinner prepared by Lee and Shauna Lin-Brande
* Dinner prepared by RCO Music Director and “Celebrity Chef” Theodore Kuchar
* “Tea on the Thames” with Londoners Laurie and Terry Harris, including a tour of historic houses in the area
* A day of sailing on Lake Tahoe with Steve Matles and RCO Board President Les Cohen aboard the sailboat “Aegir”
* A week at David Walley’s Hot Springs Resort and Spa
* A Rubicon SUP Paddle Board and Paddle
* Choose the Win, Place, and Show horses for our raffle, with a prize of a $500 gift certificate to Diamond Vault
* Art, dinners at our area’s finest restaurants, wines, concert tickets, and much more!
* Auction of Naming Rights for RCO Musicians!
We look forward to seeing you at Derby Day!
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.