SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
Di Loreto Homes of Nevada has completed construction of the first home in Nevada to be built under the Built Green Nevada voluntary green building standards. This program includes green certification by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Research Center’s Green Home Certification system, an independent ISO accredited third party inspection agency, and requires a building process that utilizes the National Green Building Standards.
“This groundbreaking initiative reflects a new residential market available in northern Nevada and signals economic recovery in the Truckee Meadows,” said Mike Dillon, Jr., Executive Director of the Builders Association of Northern Nevada (BANN).
Nevada’s first NAHB Green Certified home is located in the Di Loreto Homes development New Edition at Damonte Ranch in south Reno.
“We are proud to create homes that will actually enhance the environment in which they are being built. The Truckee Meadows is a precious resource and we are delighted to be part of BANN’s Built Green Nevada program,” said Teresa Di Loreto-Long of Di Loreto Homes.
When asked, “What’s next?” Tom Di Loreto stated, “Di Loreto Homes is going to set a new standard in home building here in Nevada by designing our next community to an even higher level Green Building Standards.”
BANN and the Business Environmental Program of the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR-BEP) collaborated through a working group of builders, engineers and architects to develop the criteria for Built Green Nevada. Built Green Nevada represents a refinement of the NAHB standard to enhance certain elements, most importantly those addressing water conservation and energy efficiency, to encourage adoption of additional practices that are particularly appropriate for northern Nevada and its climate and environmental conditions.
The BANN Built Green Nevada program is endorsed by the City of Reno, City of Sparks, Washoe County, NV Energy, Washoe County Water Resources and Truckee Meadows Water Authority.
Built Green Nevada is a voluntary program in which local builders are encouraged to demonstrate that the homes they construct are high quality, high performing homes with reduced environmental impacts, lower operating costs, and improved occupant health and comfort.
The Built Green Nevada home rating system includes numerous elements in the areas of:
- Energy efficiency improvements such as high levels of insulation, efficient HVAC systems, high-performance windows and energy-efficient appliances and lighting
- Water conservation measures such as water-efficient appliances and fixtures, filtration systems, and drought resistant or low-maintenance landscaping
- Resource conservation using materials and techniques such as engineered wood and wood alternatives, recycled building materials, sustainably harvested lumber, and more durable products
- Indoor environmental quality considerations such as effective HVAC equipment, formaldehyde-free finishes, low-allergen materials, and products with minimum off-gassing or low volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Site design planning such as minimizing disruption and preserving open space
- Homeowner education through manuals and operating guides
- Green business practices that adopt ideas from other industries for saving resources and money in the home office
About Built Green Nevada
Built Green Nevada is a residential green building standard for home construction and renovation established through The National Association of Home Builders. Built Green Nevada identifies elements that should be considered, or are required, for incorporation in the design and construction process that will improve the performance of homes and the health and comfort of their occupants. For more information about the Builders Association of Northern Nevada contact 775-329-4611 or visitwww.thebuilders.com.
About Di Loreto Homes of Nevada
For more than 40 years, Di Loreto Homes has followed one motto, “The difference between mediocrity and excellence is the attention to detail.” In doing so, Di Loreto Homes of Nevada has become a nationally recognized, award winning home building and development company. Throughout our many projects, Di Loreto Homes has focused on building homes for thousands of families that enhance the Nevada landscape. For more information about Di Loreto Homes contact 775-359-3000or visit www.diloretohomes.com.