NRCS NEWS RELEASE
The Nevada State Technical Committee will meet on Nov. 29, 9 am to 3 pm, to discuss Farm Bill programs administered by the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service.
The NRCS is seeking input to establish priorities for identified local resource concerns and targeting program funding to resolve resource management problems. Program funding levels, fund pools, national conservation initiatives, and proposed compensation rates for practices will also be discussed.
The meeting will be held by videoconference from the Nevada Farm Bureau office, 2165 Green Vista, Suite 205, Sparks, NV 89431. Remote video locations will be available in:
- Battle Mountain – location pending
- Caliente – Lincoln County Cooperative Extension
- Carson City – WNC CED 307
- Elko – location pending
- Ely – location pending
- Eureka – Cooperative Extension
- Fallon – Cooperative Extension
- Las Vegas – CSN Cheyenne 2647B
- Lovelock – location pending
- Owyhee – GBC SPHE
- Tonopah – location pending
- Winnemucca – Cooperative Extension
- Yerington – location pending
For more information, call (775) 857-8500, click online to http://www.nv.nrcs.usda.gov/programs/stac_meetings.html, or contact your local NRCS office.