SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
Application shows wait times, maps, personalized plates and more
(CARSON CITY, Nev.) – Nevada iPhone users now have DMV information at their fingertips with a new iPhone and iPad app called “DMV Mobile”. Motorists planning a trip to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles can look up wait times at six metropolitan offices, get maps to all of the offices and kiosks, look up personalized plates and even schedule a drive test.
“As more and more people rely on mobile devices for information, we’re pleased to be able to bring them new services,” Governor Brian Sandoval said. “Customer service is a top priority for the DMV and this application gives up-to-the-minute information on wait times, just as the new kiosks provide customer-friendly alternatives.”
“Being able to search for kiosk locations could become a major time saver for the motoring public as the kiosk program is expanded next year,” DMV Director Bruce Breslow said. “Also, one fun feature is the Personalized License Plate Lookup. Motorists can check whether a plate combination is available and get a preview of what their plate would look like.”
iPhone users will also find links to all of the DMV online services through the department’s website at www.dmvnv.com
In addition to the iPhone app, the department unveiled a completely redesigned home page on its website. “This is the first redesign since the late ‘90’s,” Breslow said, “and it takes the site into this century. It’s far more user friendly.”
The iPhone application and website was developed in-house by the DMV at no cost other than staff time. The free application is available for download via the online Apple applications store.
DOWNLOAD LOCATION & ICON
LIST OF SERVICES
- WAIT TIMES: Have to visit an office? Check the wait times at six metropolitan offices and plan your trip.
- LOCATIONS: Find information and driving instructions to all 18 DMV offices and self-service KIOSK locations
- LK4PLTS: Want to know if a personalized plate is available. Check it out.
- DRIVE TEST: View the first available Drive Test date.
- LINKS and INFORMATION: Email the department, get answers to questions, and update your insurance information and more.