SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
The Washoe County Law Library will celebrate National Library week April 11th – 15th with refreshments, treasure hunt and a variety of mini-classes to help the public get to know their law library. 30 minute mini classes will be offered about searching the electronic databases, touring the law library, and how to do legislative history. Please call the law library for more information or visit the law library website at www.washoecounty.us/lawlib to find the schedule for the week.
National Library Week Events!
Support the Law Library: “Create your own story @ your law library” is the 2011 theme for National Library Week. Tell your law library story; what the law library means to you and your community. Email it to [email protected] with the subject line: Create your own story or drop it by the law library. Support your law library!
Please sign up for mini-classes by calling 328-3250, space is limited.
Monday, April 11th
- 8-10 a.m. – Kick off the week with coffee and doughnuts and begin your Law Library Treasure Hunt**
- 9:30- 9:45 a.m. – Mini Class: Tour the Law Library
- 9:45-10:15 a.m. – Mini Class: Searching Patron Access Lexis
- 10:15-10:45 a.m. – Mini Class: Searching Patron Access Westlaw
Tuesday, April 12th
- 10:00-12:00 p.m. – Enjoy refreshments while finding answers to the Treasure Hunt
- 11:00-11:30 a.m. – Mini Class: How to Do Nevada Legislative History
- 11:30-12:00 p.m. – Mini Class: Using Loislaw – Loislaw is a WolterKluwer electronic source for primary law, treatises and forms with email and downloading available from the law library
Wednesday, April 13th
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Come for refreshments and support the law library by getting a law library card, $30 for a year
- 2:00-2:30 p.m. – Mini Class: Searching the Law Library’s EBSCO databases – an online resource of secondary legal databases that can be accessed within the law library and also outside the law library with a password
- 2:30-3:00 p.m. – Mini Class: How to Do Nevada Legislative History
Thursday, April 14th – Lawyer in the Library Appreciation Day
11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Lunch in the Law Library
RSVP by April 8th to Linda at 328-3154 or [email protected]
Turn in your Law Library Treasure Hunt answers by 5:00pm
Friday, April 15th
12:00-1:00 p.m. – Refreshments to wind down the week and the winners of the treasure hunt will be announced.
*Prizes and giveaways for participants in the Create your story @ your law library, mini-classes, and treasure hunt.
**Law Library Treasure Hunt will be made available at the Law Library and posted on the Law Library website April 11th. The treasures will be found within the law library resources (hint: mini classes).