SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
SPARKS–Northern Nevada Medical Center is hosting a health fair on Saturday, April 2, from 7:30 to 11 a.m. on the seventh floor of the hospital. This is an opportunity for community members to receive low-cost preventative health screenings.
NNMC will also offer several free screenings including body fat and blood pressure. In addition, the Sparks Greenbrae Lions Club will offer participants free vision screenings.
The health fair will also feature an “Ask the Doctor” station where Dr. Joel Swetish will be available to answer any medical questions. Steven Hallan, a physical therapist with the NNMC Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Center, is providing free assessments for people suffering from back and neck pain.
The full menu of health screenings is as follows:
* Blood pressure: Free
* Body fat: Free
* Complete blood count: $15
* Heart electrical activity and overall heart function (EKG): $35
* Heart and vascular disease risk (High sensitivity C-reactive protein): $25
* Lipid profile (cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL/LDL ratio): $20
* Lipid profile with blood chemistry panel: $20
* Peripheral artery disease (Ankle-brachial index test): $25
* Prostate cancer testing (PSA): $35
* Routine dietary screening for diabetes (glycosylated hemoglobin): $30
* Stroke risk (Carotid artery ultrasound screening): $40
* Thyroid function: $35
* Thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, for over- or underactive thyroid: $40
* Vision: Free
* Vitamin D deficiency (Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy): $45
Fasting is required for best results in blood screenings. NNMC Advantage members get a 10 percent discount on all tests, and sign ups are available at the health fair. For details call 356-NNMC (6662) or go to www.NNMC.com.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.