At 12:43 p.m. today, Reno firefighters responded to a structure fire at 435 Alamosa Drive.
“Firefighters discovered a separated stove pipe in the attic,” advised Battalion Chief Tim Spencer. “Crews were able to quickly contain the fire to the attic, keeping it from spreading and causing further damage.”
The residents were home at the time of the fire but safely evacuated prior to firefighters arriving on scene. No injuries were reported.
Responding to the fire were three structure engines, one ladder truck, one water tender, one air support unit, one safety officer, one fire investigator, and one battalion chief. Due to the location of the residence, Sparks Fire Department responded for automatic aid.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.