The U. S. Department of the Interior’s (DOI) Bureau of Land Management (BLM) signed a Decision to amend the Right-of-Way (ROW) Grant and Temporary use Permit (TUP) for the Ruby Pipeline Project on February 24, 2011. The 42-inch diameter, approximately 678-mile long interstate natural gas pipeline crosses 368 miles of Federal land beginning near Opal, Wyoming, through northern Utah and northern Nevada, and terminating near Malin, Oregon.
The Ruby Project was approved by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission April 5, 2010. The ROW Grant and Plan of Development were approved by a Record of Decision (ROD) issued by the BLM on July 12, 2010. Potential effects were analyzed in an Environmental Impact Statement, released in January 2010.
After consideration of agency and tribal comments the BLM has decided, with concurrence from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, to make changes to the ROW Grant for the project. This Decision incorporates the Klamath County Reroute, developed to avoid sensitive resources that were identified in consultation with agencies and affected tribes.
Copies of the Decision, as well as the original ROD, are available at the locations listed below and on the on the Internet at:www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/info/nepa/ruby_pipeline_project.html.
· BLM, Kemmerer Field Office, 312 Hwy 189 N, Kemmerer, WY
· BLM, Salt Lake Field Office, 2370 South 2300 West, Salt Lake City, UT
· BLM, Elko Field Office, 3900 E. Idaho Street, Elko, NV
· BLM, Winnemucca Field Office, 5100 E. Winnemucca Blvd, Winnemucca, NV
· BLM, Lakeview Resource Area, 1301 S. G St., Lakeview, OR
· BLM, Klamath Falls Field Office, 2795 Anderson Ave., Ste. 25, Klamath Falls, OR
· BLM, Surprise Field Office, 602 Cressler St., Cedarville, CA
· Fremont-Winema National Forests, 1301 S. G St., Lakeview, OR
· Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, 324 25th St., Ogden, UT
· Bureau of Reclamation, Klamath Basin Area Office, 6600 Washburn Way, Klamath Falls, OR
Questions concerning the Decision may be directed to Mark Mackiewicz at: Mark Mackiewicz, BLM National Project Manager, c/o 125 South 600 West, Price, UT 84501.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.