Stacked-up debris causes fire on Southworth Drive

SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE

Reno Fire Department investigators say this morning’s fire on Southworth Drive was a result of debris stacked up against the chimney.

The fire was reported at 7:23 a.m. at a single family residence at 670 Southworth Dr. A passing citizen knocked on the door, waking up the occupants of the home, and alerted them of the fire. The residents were able to safely evacuate prior to crews arriving on scene.

The house received extensive damage to the kitchen and garage along with heavy smoke damage throughout the rest of the home. Two adults, a three-year-old child and a seven-year-old child were displaced as a result of the fire. The occupants declined assistance with finding alternative living arraignments as they stated they will be staying with friends.

The preliminary estimate for damages was set at about $30,000. No injuries were reported.

Responding to the structure fire were three structure engines, two ladder trucks, one safety officer, one air support unit, one fire investigator, the fire department chaplain and one battalion chief. NV Energy was on scene helping fire crews by shutting off gas and electric services. REMSA was also on scene as initial reports stated there were individuals possibly suffering from smoke inhalation.

ThisIsReno
About ThisIsReno 12656 Articles
ThisisReno is your source for online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated. #thisisReno