SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
The PINNACLE Awards, taking place on Nov. 19, was established in1999 by the Nevada Chapter AGC to honor the “Best of the Best” in northern Nevada construction projects, recognizing construction leadership, excellence and community spirit. Independent judges measure entries based on safety, craftsmanship, challenges met, client relations, innovation and “green” building practices. General contractors vie for the PINNACLE Award in two divisions: under and over $5 million. Specialty Contractors vie for the Pinnacle in the over $500,000 and under $500,000 category.
- WHAT: 12th Annual PINNACLE Awards
- WHO: The “Best of the Best” projects from Northern Nevada Construction firms of the past year will be honored with PINNACLE Awards, sponsored by the Nevada Chapter of the Associated General Contactors
- WHEN: Friday, Nov. 19, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Harrah’s Convention Center – Downtown Reno
Projects compete in these categories:
- Excellence in Project Management
- Meeting the Challenge of a Difficult job
- Contractor’s Innovation
- Sensitivity to Environment/History/Culture
- Excellence in Client Service
About the AGC
The AGC and its 300 member firms represent nearly half of the Washoe County construction jobs. PINNACLE entries represent the “Best of the Best” projects. The PINNACLE Awards bring together Northern Nevada’s top general contractors, specialty contractors and building professionals.
The Nevada Chapter AGC was formed in 1939 by a group of Nevadans intent on replacing the dangerous gravel roads that connected Northern Nevada with modern pavement. They evolved into the modern AGC, whose goal is to use skill, integrity and responsibility to build a better community.
The Nevada Chapter AGC has been an active in national and regional construction issues including job site safety and worker health care, vocational education and recognizing the best in local building.
For more information, log on to www.nevadaagc.org.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.