Book lovers, pull out your calendars: the Friends of the Washoe County Library, a non-profit volunteer organization to benefit the Washoe County Library, will kick off its week-long Booksale Bonanza event on Friday, October 29.
This bi-annual event, put together with the help of more than 60 volunteers, is a favorite among Reno-area readers, with thousands of used fiction and non-fiction books, including children autographed, first edition, and rare books, along with classics in auto, history/civil war, Nevada and the west. Also available are vinyl records, VHS tapes, CDs and DVDs. A bargain-hunter and $1.00 for trade paperbacks and hardcovers, with nearly-new and collectibles individually priced.
The public sale kicks off on Friday, October 29 at 9 a.m., with a special preview event for members of the Friends of the Washoe County Library on Thursday, October 28 from 3pm to 7pm. Non-members can join at the door.
Public hours for the sale are as follows:
• Friday, October 29 (Nevada Day): 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Saturday, October 30: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Sunday, October 31: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Monday through Friday, November 1 – 5: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Saturday, November 6, Half-Price Day*: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Sunday, November 7, Bargain Day: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pick your own bag of books for only $6 (Friends supplies the bag).
* Collectibles and nearly-new books not included on half-price day.
The Friends of Washoe County Library Book Sale Bonanza will be held at 5205 Mill Street at Edison in Reno (the old Excel Communications building) between Rock and McCarran. For more information, call 775-772-6297.