SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
RENO, Nev. – August is National Immunization Awareness month and to help parents stay up-to-date with back-to-school vaccination requirements, Saint Mary’s Immunizations will offer a variety of clinics, including walk-in options. Saint Mary’s Immunizations is located at 343 Elm St. Suite 203 and appointments can be made by calling 775-770-7100.
Vaccines play a key role in controlling infectious diseases and as the fall school season approaches, now is a great time to protect your family. Although many diseases that were once prevalent have since been eliminated, new viruses continue to emerge and getting immunized is a simple way to stay healthy.
The Washoe County School District requires all students to maintain current immunization records according to required schedules. Upon enrollment to a Washoe County school, students must receive immunizations and provide verification for diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, polio, measles, mumps and rubella. Also students enrolling in a Nevada public school for the first time, including preschool and kindergarten, must be vaccinated against hepatitis A, hepatitis B and varicella. Additionally, entering seventh graders are required to receive the Tdap vaccination to protect against tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis.
Saint Mary’s Immunizations will host back-to-school immunizations clinics at the following locations.
- Saturday, August 14 – Meadowood Mall from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 19 – Farmers Market from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- August 23-26 – Saint Mary’s Immunizations Walk-ins and Appointments
- Friday, August 27 – Saint Mary’s Immunizations Appointments and Walk-ins (Morning only)
- Saturday, August 28 – Saint Mary’s Immunizations from 9 a.m. to noon (Appointments only)
- Monday, August 30 – Saint Mary’s Immunizations Appointments and Walk-ins
For more information about Saint Mary’s Immunizations and vaccination scheduling, visit www.saintmarysreno.org and click on “Wellness and Prevention” or call 775-770-7100.