SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
- What: Red Cross volunteers to sort holiday cards for distribution to local service members, veterans and military families as part of Holiday Mail for Heroes, a nationwide program presented by the American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes.
- When: Thursday, December 10 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Northern Nevada Chapter office, 1190 Corporate Blvd., Reno, NV 89502
- Who: Local American Red Cross volunteers
- Why: Now in its third year, the Holiday Mail for Heroes program provides Americans with the opportunity to extend holiday greetings and thanks to service members and veterans.
The public was invited to send holiday cards with messages of cheer and appreciation through Dec. 7 to a special post office box, where all cards were screened by the American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes, packaged and sent to local Red Cross chapters. From there, the cards will be sorted by volunteers and delivered to military bases and hospitals, veteran’s hospitals and other locations during the holidays.