SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
CARSON CITY — Seven individuals and organizations will receive a 30th Annual Governor’s Arts Award at a public reception and ceremony in Las Vegas this April.
The Nevada Arts Council and the Governor’s Office present these honors for outstanding and enduring contributions to Nevada through artistic achievement and service to the arts.
The 30th Annual Governor’s Arts Awards ceremony is scheduled for April 1, 2010 at the World Market Center’s ‘Worldview on Sixteen’ ballroom. Tickets to the 30th anniversary celebration will be $30 – thanks to the support from a number of foundations and corporations including Cirque du Soleil, Newmont Mining Corporation, Barrick Gold Corporation, NV Energy, The Smith Center for the Performing Arts and Metro Arts Council of Southern Nevada.
Invitations will be mailed after the first of the year and posted on the Arts Council’s website at www.NevadaCulture.org/nac.
The 2010 recipients of the Governor’s Arts Awards are:
- Ellen Hopkins, Carson City – Excellence in the Arts
- Thai Cultural Arts Association, Las Vegas – Excellence in Folk and Traditional Art
- Nevada School of the Arts, Las Vegas – Leadership in the Arts: Education
- Patricia Harris, Las Vegas – Leadership in the Arts: Individuals
- Contemporary Arts Center, Las Vegas – Leadership in the Arts: Organization
- NV Energy, Statewide- Patronage in the Arts
- Marcia Robinson, West Las Vegas Arts Center – Distinguished Service
The Nevada Arts Council is a division of the Nevada Department of Cultural Affairs. The Department serves Nevada’s citizens and visitors through cultural and information management, preservation and promotion of cultural resources, and education. The Department also includes the Division of Museums and History, State Historic Preservation Office, and the State Library and Archives. For more information, visit the department’s website at www.NevadaCulture.org.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.