NRCS NEWS RELEASE:
Farm Bill Programs and Critical Watersheds to be Discussed
RENO, Oct. 22 — The State Technical Committee, an advisory board of the USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service, will meet to discuss 2008 Farm Bill programs, priority resource concerns and critical watershed areas in Nevada. The meeting will be held on Nov. 16, from 9 am to 12 noon, by compressed video from numerous sites throughout Nevada.
The compressed video sites are:
- Reno/Sparks Nevada Farm Bureau, (main site) 2165 Green Vista Drive, Ste. 205, Sparks
- Battle Mountain Great Basin College/Cooperative Extension, 815 N. Second Street
- Carson City Cooperative Extension, 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 15
- Caliente Cooperative Extension, 360 Lincoln Street
- Elko University of Nevada School of Medicine, Griswold Hall, Room 31, 701 Walnut Street
- Ely White Pine County School District Office
- Eureka Cooperative Extension, 701 S. Main Street, Annex Building
- Fallon Western Nevada College VRGH 309
- Las Vegas Clark Cooperative Extension, Life-long Learning Center WHEE, 8050 S. Maryland Parkway
- Lovelock Cooperative Extension, 810 Sixth Street
- Owyhee UN School of Medicine Owyhee Hospital
- Tonopah Cooperative Extension, 475 Saint Patrick Street
- Winnemucca Humboldt Cooperative Extension, 1085 Fairgrounds Rd.
- Yerington Cooperative Extension, 504 S. Main Street
The agenda is posted on the NRCS Nevada Web site at www.nv.nrcs.usda.gov. Please contact your local NRCS district conservationist or Rod Dahl at (775) 857-8500 x 146, [email protected], for more information about the meeting.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.