Events and Things to do in Reno, Nevada
Communities in Schools of Western Nevada Fill the Bus School Supply Drive
August 3 at 8:00 am - 5:30 pm PDTFree
Communities In Schools (CIS) of Western Nevada is calling on the Reno and Sparks communities to help collect school supplies for Washoe Country students at their second annual Fill The Bus supply drive on Friday, Aug. 3 from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Donations can be dropped off at the Sam’s Club parking lot on Kietzke Lane in South Reno.
CIS of Western Nevada has partnered with KTVN Channel 2 News to collect school supplies, hygiene products and uniforms for over 4,500 students K-12 they serve in six schools throughout Washoe County. The organization is seeking traditional school supplies as well as uniform clothing items, including:
- Backpacks for all ages
- Mechanical pencils/pens
- Markers/crayons/colored pencils
- Glue sticks/scissors/rulers
- Index cards/pocket folders/dividers
- Erasers/pencil sharpeners/pencil cases
- Tissues/dry erase markers
- Athletic shoes of all sizes and colors
- New socks & underwear
- Alarm clocks
- Spiral & composition notebooks
- Wide-ruled or college-ruled paper
- Gift cards
- Middle school uniforms (black or khaki pants, royal blue, grey, or forest green shirts).
The annual back-to-school supply drive aims to ease the financial burden put on low-income students and their families, as well as teachers and site coordinators who often spend their own money on resources and school supplies for their students each year.
Those interested in hosting a collection drive at their workplace should contact Linda Quandt at (775) 846-0250 or [email protected]. For more information on the mission of CIS of Nevada and the Fill The Bus supply drive, please visit www.cisnevada.org.