Events and Things to do in Reno, Nevada
June 30 at 8:00 am - July 31 at 5:00 pm PDT
For the entire month of July, Reno is Artown!
Regarded as one of the most comprehensive arts festivals in the country by the National Endowment for the Arts.
Embraced by the community since 1996, July in Reno only means one thing . . . . Artown! This arts and cultural festival features over 500 multidisciplinary events including music, dance, theater, visual arts, workshops, art walks and much more. Offering a majority of events free to the public, Artown invests in bringing artists of the highest caliber to Reno while elevating Reno’s own local talent. Experience fun for the whole family and celebrate all that the arts have to offer. Check out the special Artown lodging offers detailed below!
There are literally too many events to list them all, but here are some fan favorites. For the detailed daily schedule, go to Artown.
- Opening Night Jubilee – FREE to the public. Wingfield Park and City Plaza come alive as the official opening activities take place from 5:00pm-11:00pm. The sky is not the limit for the mesmerizing Project Bandaloop as they rappel in dance off the side of City Hall. Then, the legendary band Los Lobos entertains at Wingfield Park with their powerhouse mix of rock, Tex-Mex, country, folk, R&B, blues and traditional Spanish and Mexican music.
- Monday Night Music Series – FREE to the public. On Monday evenings at the beautiful Robert Z. Hawkins Amphitheater, enjoy superb musical performances starting at 7:30 p.m. (gates open at 6:00 p.m.).
- Fourth of July Celebration – FREE to the public. Laura Jackson conducts the Reno Phil Orchestra at Wingfield Park (7:30 p.m.) with a concert honoring our nation’s birthday. Followed by fireworks.
- Cultural Connections – FREE to the public. Enjoy music each Wednesday evening at Wingfield Park at 7:30 p.m. (except for July 4). See the schedule of cultural musicians here, featuring Ranky Panky (July 11), Ricardo Lemvo (July 18), Red Baraat (July 25).
- Movies in the Park – FREE to the public. On Friday evenings, bring a picnic and enjoy a movie under the stars in Wingfield Park, starting at 8:45 p.m. See the month-long schedule.
- Summer Concert Series – Ticketed performances take place in the beautiful Robert Z. Hawkins Amphitheater at Bartley Ranch on Thursday evenings. For more information, click on the performance dates below. Tickets go on sale May 1 and performances start at 7:30 p.m. (gates open at 6:00 p.m.)
- Closing Night Concert – FREE to the public. The grand finale event at Wingfield Park takes place on July 31 from 7:30-10:00 p.m. Featuring Raging Fyah, the new generation of Roots, Rock Reggae music straight out of Kingston, Jamaica.
But wait – there’s more! Interested in a particular genre? Click on the links below for a compete listing of activities relating to that subject.
Cultural: (music, mural tours, story telling, cultural events)
Theater: (performances, workshops,
History: (walking tours, guided tours, Chautauqua, lectures and exhibits)
Visual: (art-related activities)
Kids: (activities for the kids, including workshops, tours, events, music, plays and more)
Film: (movies and special screenings)
Literary: (featuring events highlighting the written or spoken word)
Special: (stand-up comedy, workshops and a little bit of everything)
Workshops: (view the 80+ workshops being offered throughout the month)
Ongoing: (activities taking place on multiple days throughout the month)
The following official Artown lodging partners have special room deals for fans. Check them out!
THE ROW – Downtown Reno’s most luxurious complex, THE ROW offers three distinct resorts, but one amazing experience . . . . . all under one roof. Stretching across four city blocks, THE ROW encompasses 25 restaurants, 22 bars and lounges, 11 nightspots, over 4,000 luxury rooms and suites and 227,000 square feet of casino space.
Offer: 30% discount off any room type from June 27 – July 31, valid 7 days/week. Guests may call 888-288-1833 and reference the Artown 8 offer, or click on the individual hotel links below to check availability and pricing.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa – Named the #1 Reno Hotel in U.S. News and World Report’s Best Hotels of 2018 Rankings, Atlantis is a AAA Four Diamond resort surrounded by sweeping views of the majestic Sierra Nevada. Their luxurious guest rooms feature distinctive décor, contemporary furnishings and unparalleled amenities. Spa Atlantis is the only spa in northern Nevada to receive a highly-coveted Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star designation. Check out their lodging offers here or call 800-723-6500.