The schedule is as follows:
- 4 to 8 p.m. March 8 at Pine Middle School, 4800 Neil Road, Social and Emotional Learning Mini Conference. How to help one’s child with self management, self awareness, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision making will be addressed. This is geared toward families with children of all ages.
- 9 to 10:30 a.m. March 9 at Anderson Elementary School, 1055 Berrum Lane, “Getting Going with Math.” This is for families with sixth graders and consists of an overview of new textbooks, learning resources, and a walk-though lesson.
- 9 to 10:30 a.m. March 9 at Bailey Charter School, 210 Gentry Way. “Pathway to College.” The district’s pathway to college and ways to support one’s child through the pathway will be addressed. This is geared toward families with elementary school-aged children.
- 9 to 10:30 a.m. March 13 at Glenn Duncan STEM Academy, 1200 Montello St., Infinite Campus Parent Portal. This interactive session will help parents access their child’s grades, attendance, and assessment data online. Families of children in all grade levels can attend.
- 5 to 6:30 p.m. March 14 at Echo Loder Elementary School, 600 Apple St., Sierra Nevada Journeys Family Science Night. This interactive evening geared toward elementary school students consists of science, technology, engineering, and math activities for the family.
- 9 to 10:30 a.m. March 16 at Veterans Memorial STEM Academy, 1200 Locust St., “How to make the most of your parent-teacher conference.” Build a critical list of questions to ask and find out about the different types of data available and how such information relates to a child’s progress.
Free babysitting for children 2 and older will be provided, along with Spanish interpretation.
For more information, contact the Department of Family-School Partnerships at 775-789-4685 or visit https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/724.