All meetings are from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Jan. 17 at Traner Middle School, 1700 Carville Drive, Reno
- Jan. 23 at Double Diamond Elementary School, 1200 South Meadows Pkwy., Reno
- Jan. 24 at Caughlin Ranch Elementary School, 4885 Village Green Pkwy., Reno
- Jan. 31 at Incline Middle School, 931 Southwood Blvd., Incline Village
- Feb. 8 at Sun Valley Elementary School, 5490 Leon Drive, Sun Valley
After a presentation by district staff, the public can then participate in small group discussions to share ideas about what matters most. Each group can then share thoughts with the rest of the participants and ask questions of trustees and district staff members.
The district is using a “priority-based budgeting method” for planning the 2019 fiscal year. The method means programs and operations will be prioritized based on value provided instead of how they’ve been funded previously.
Trustees are expected to vote on a budget in late May. Budgets are due to the Nevada Department of Taxation in early June.
For more information: https://www.washoeschools.net/domain/1199