Donors have stepped up to fully fund repairs to the Traner Pool after it was vandalized earlier this year.
“When the Traner Pool was wrecked by vandals, I made a promise to residents in northeast Reno that we would bring it back better than ever,” said City Councilmember Oscar Delgado. “The Pennington Foundation stepped up to help us realize that goal.
“We are all grateful for their generous donation and their continued commitment to our community.”
The newly announced donation will ensure that pool will reopen in June 2018. Construction on repairs to the pool will take place from February through May 2018.
The following entities have donated:
- $800,000: The William N. Pennington Foundation grant
- $285,000: CDBG Funding
- $200,000: Insurance Payment
- $50,000 donation: Northern Nevada Building and Construction Trades Council Development Corporation*
- $25,000 donation: Lifestyle Homes
- $10,000 donation: D&D Roofing and Sheet Metal, Inc. (in-kind replacement of mechanical building roof)
- $7,800 donation: Farr West Engineering (in-kind civil engineering services)
- $339.50: Community Foundation of Western Nevada public donations
*Donated through Community Foundation of Western NevadaTraner Pool Gets Funding for Repairs After VandalismClick To Tweet