The Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Nevada is celebrating Nevada’s Sesquicentennial by seeking photos that highlight your adventures and activities on public lands and historic sites. Winning photos will be featured in the BLM Nevada 2014 planner and on the BLM Nevada web and social media sites and could appear on BLM’s national social media sites.
Photos will be selected from the following categories:
- Adventure & Outdoor Recreation-Share photos of your favorite activities and adventures on BLM lands across Nevada – camping, hiking, biking, boating, fishing, kayaking, skiing, climbing, riding, etc.
- Historical & Cultural-Inspire with images depicting historical locations and cultural events – from national historical sites and monuments to cultural celebrations on federal lands
- Scenic, Seasons & Landscapes-Capture scenic vistas and sweeping landscapes — fall foliage, forests, winter wonderlands, flowers, mountains, deserts, canyons, lakes, beaches, rivers, and more.
- Animals-Take a walk on the wild side with photos of mammals, birds, insects and reptiles wildlife on BLM lands. Keep your distance and stay safe!
“Public lands are a large part of Nevada’s history and we want to encourage everyone to go out and explore that history during the Nevada’s 150th celebration,” said BLM Nevada State Director Amy Lueders.
In addition to the photo contest, the BLM Nevada will also be producing a children’s activity book, developing Nevada 150 themed geocaches and highlighting the BLM’s role in the state’s history during the celebration.
For more information on the contest and other Nevada Sesquicentennial activities contact Kaitlin Godbey, 775-861-6471, email@example.com or go to http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/
Latest posts by ThisIsReno (see all)
- Peggy Roefer receives water quality award - October 31, 2014
- Nevada 150 geocaching activity book encourages families to explore Nevada - October 31, 2014
- U.S. Marshals go on “Trick-or-Treat” and “Scarecrow” campaigns to monitor sex offenders - October 31, 2014
- Nevada 150 events scheduled Nevada Day weekend - October 31, 2014