DOI NEWS RELEASE
CARSON CITY – The Nevada Division of Insurance is excited to announce the launch of its new website at doi.nv.gov. The website provides Nevada consumers with comprehensive information about insurance and health care reform in Nevada. Members of the insurance industry will also find a wealth of information about doing business in Nevada.
The Division’s new “Nevada Employer’s Guide to the Affordable Care Act” is also available for download at doi.nv.gov/News-Notices/Publications/. This guide answers some of the most common questions that business owners have about how health care reform will affect their business. Including whether or not they will have to offer health insurance to their employees, how to purchase health insurance, how the law has affected health insurance coverage and much more.
“The Nevada Division of Insurance takes its role as a consumer protection agency seriously,” said Commissioner Scott J. Kipper. “We believe that the key to consumer protection is education, and our new website and guide do just that. I encourage anyone with questions about insurance to visit our new website, check out the great consumer information we have available and call our office if you still have any questions.”
Visitors to the Division’s new website will also find:
· A new License Verification Tool at doi.nv.gov/licensing-search which allows users to search the name of any insurance agent, agency or company selling them insurance to make sure that they are licensed by the Division.
· Health Insurance Rates: At rates.doi.nv.gov it’s now even easier to become a part of the health insurance rate review process by reviewing proposed health insurance rate changes and offering comments for us to consider as we review the pending rate changes.
· Information about health care reform. Learn about how health care reform affects you, your family and your business at doi.nv.gov/Healthcare-Reform.
· Information on how to become licensed as a producer in Nevada at doi.nv.gov/Licensing.
· Information for insurers at doi.nv.gov/Insurers.
· File a complaint against an insurance agent or company at doi.nv.gov/Consumers/File-A-Complaint.
· Consumer information and guides at doi.nv.gov/Consumers to help you make the best decisions for you and your family when you purchase insurance.
About the Nevada Division of Insurance
The State of Nevada Division of Insurance is a division of the Nevada Department of Business and Industry. It is the state agency that protects the rights of Nevada consumers and regulates Nevada’s $11.2 billion insurance industry. It has offices in Carson City and Las Vegas. In 2012, the Division investigated more than 1,900 consumer complaints and recovered nearly $4 million on behalf of consumers. For more information about the Division of Insurance, visit DOI.NV.GOV.